- The Project
- The Partners
- Seeing Cranes
- The Cranes
- Nature Calendar
CRANE SAFARIS - FULLY BOOKED
CRANE SAFARIS - Due to another fantastic response all of this winters crane safaris are now FULLY BOOKED - Sorry for any dissapointment caused.
Do you want a behind the scenes chance to see cranes like this on the Somerset Levels...?
Then read on!
Back for a third year the Great Crane Project is offering a unique opportunity to join our specialist team of monitoring volunteers as they carry out the daily crane survey on the Somerset Levels and Moors.
So what is a Crane Safari about?
- Join members of the Great Crane Project monitoring team in the project vehicle as they go in search of the cranes, on and off road, using radio tracking equipment.
- Find the cranes in locations not normally accessible to the general public.
- Accompany the monitors on foot to get closer to the cranes.
- Learn how to identify individual birds by their coloured leg rings.
- Enjoy amazing views of the cranes while the monitors record information about their behaviour.
And if this wasn't enough you'll enjoy a delicious lunch at the Willows and Wetlands Centre in Stoke St Gregory www.englishwillowbaskets.co.uk, followed by our wonderful film 'Return of the Cranes' and a free tour of the basket works.
The cost of a safari is £15 per person and they run between November and March, Monday to Saturday for up to 2 people.
Before booking please read 'Frequently Asked Questions' below.
If you are from further a field and are looking for somewhere to stay and other things to do in the area then check out our 'local accommodation and other attractions' page for B and B's, self catering, places to eat etc.
Walkers Farm Cottages at Stathe are offering a 15% discount to anyone booked on to a crane safari. www.walkersfarmcottages.co.uk
%s1 / %s2